News: 
Tarkin is >>>ONLINE<<Maintenance Complete! Game On!
Canon Pre-CU Server Community

Some hints on finding NPCs that drop loot kit & recycler parts Read 1210 times

Offline Kinshi

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Force: +32/-2
    • View Profile
    • SWGCanon
If you find a NPC that drops loot kit parts, that same type can drop ANY loot kit parts. Just know some parts are more of a rare drop than others.

Recycler parts are a bit different. Theya re spread out over a number of NPC types.

I STRONGLY suggest you do not sell those parts to the junk dealer in Mos Espa, and instead sell them on the bazaar. You all will have a much easier time of it if you put your extra parts up for sale.

As far as the schematics for recyclers go, you will need to diversfy your hunting grounds, maybe even start hitting the mission terminals to find NPC missions (they are out there now), or finding more POIs with NPC spawns 

I will toss you all a freebie...want a schematic for a chemical recycler? Look to Aakuan NPCs..that schem is in the common drop table for those NPCs..and servers as an example of the class of NPCs you will find this stuff on.

if you find such loot you may want to start a thread and share the info on what you found that drops certain stuff.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 11:55:32 AM by Kinshi »

Online kenburaz

• Canon Donor
  • Force: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Some hints on finding NPCs that drop loot kit & recycler parts
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 05:44:53 AM »
Feeder tubes come from the tuskins.

Offline Kinshi

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • SWGCanon
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 11:57:04 AM »
I am gonna toss y'all a bone when it comes to recycler parts as they are not yet as common as they were on the SOE servers, that way you dont wind up going after NPCs that wont drop what you need. This list will expand over time but here is what drops them for now.

So, w/o further ado, here are the class of NPCs that drop them and what they drop

Schematics

Aakuan = chemical recycler
Alkhara = creature recylcer
Bloodrazor = flora recycler
Canyonb Corsair = metal recycler
Kobola = ore recycler

Parts

Binayre = heating elements/blue wiring
Canyon Corsair = small motors, agitator motor
Chunkers = red wiring, pulverizer, processor attachment
Hidden Dagger = spinner blades
Kobola = tumble blender
Meatlump = cheap copper battery
Tuskens = feed tube

These NPCs are located at POIs, some are random spawns, others you may find you can get from the mission terminals. (or all of the above)

FYI Even on SOE servers, the schematics took a fair amount of farming to get, the only reason there were so many recyclers out there  is due to mass production once the schematics were obtained (and that there were so many more people out in the POIs doing their combat/loot grind collecting the schems and parts for resale.)

Same applies here..the more of you that get out there hunting the stuff, the more available the parts become to all. If you intend to wait for someone else to sell stuff on the market initially, it could be a very long wait to buy a finished recycler.

Moral of story = recyclers will come faster with more people out there looting parts. (and in the process incurring decay, consuming food/drink and powerups, and in their own way helping turn the economic gears).

In the past updates we have been about getting the market geared up to supply the goods needed to support combat (and other things too)...that has been accomplished, now its time to crank the combat gears a lot harder & faster.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 03:10:33 AM by Kinshi »

Offline Kinshi

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • SWGCanon
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 12:31:34 PM »
NPCs that drop loot kit parts are far more varied, but you really do need to get out to the POIs, the caves, dungeons, etc to find the ones that do for now (until more NPCs are available via random spawns and missions)

There are NPCs available via the neutral mission terminals now (via destroy missions)

Offline Kinshi

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • SWGCanon
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 01:45:49 PM »
Gonna toss everyone a bone when it comes to loot drops and magseal containers

I feel your pain & frustration of having crap like cdef pistols, crystals & recording rods turning up in those boxes

So..I will be going through the screenplays one by one, andgreatly reducing the  junk loot drops from the loot tables that control magseal containers and reassigning that probability to the good stuff.

I will start with Ft.Tusken & the Tusken Bunker. THis will mean the odds of getting SEAs from those boxes will be greater..AND the odds of getting a resource deed will be greater as a result, and you wont be wasting loot chances on a bunch of junk.

Also, some news on recycler loot drop rates..that is work as intended. I was up in Ft. Tusken with my TK and my MCM friend and we were ripping up the place, and in the process we pulled out seven (7) feeder tubes.

Naturally the drop rate will be lower if you are in there by yourself, so bring a buddy or make a new one and head up there with a duo or group, I guarantee, you will get recycler parts a LOT faster in groups.

EDIT:

I wanted to add one note about the drop rates of loot kit parts & recycler parts and why it felt like there were so many drops on the SOE server compared to here, now.

1. The variety of NPC types that drop the stuff is still smaller than the SOE servers, and this is a work in progress, more NCs over time will have the parts.

2. on the SOE servers, they had these fast spawning knots of NPCs like meatlumps, ragtag kooks, etc. and SOE made the parts drop off all those..but there were stupid-easy to kill, as such you may recall the hordes of AFk spawn campers (commandos mainly) out farming the hell out of those, and with a respawn rate of like 30 seconds, it was easy to rack up LOTS of parts and cash.

in SWG the ragtag kooks are made no-attackable for this very reason, as players on Basilisk were farming the hell out of them for credits, massive amounts of credits.

So on Tarkin, that class of NPC, the fast spawning easy-noob spawns will get removed because we have no need of them given how out blue frog works. THose NPCs were for Day 1 novice box players, not MCMs.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 02:00:02 PM by Kinshi »

Offline Kinshi

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • SWGCanon
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 10:53:59 AM »
Update on resource deeds..they are now added to the loot tables of the following Tusken NPCs

Tusken Observer
Tusken Witch Doctor
Tusken Executioner
Tusken King

Also these NPCs have been modified to NOT drop crystals of any kind, as such the odds of better loot drops are raised for all of them

For those chasing the deeds, I thought I would give you an insight on to the % chance to get one

For instance, from the Tusken King

43% chance of junk
37% chance of tusken stuff
5% chance of a CA drop
5% chance of a AA drop
5% chance of a resource deed drop
5% chance of a goggle drop

50% chance overall of him dropping anything at all other than credits.

As for the magseal containers in the bunker where he lives;

30% chance of junk
25% chance of rifle loot
25% chance of pistol loot
7.5% chance of CA loot
7.5% chance of AA loot
5% chance of Resource deed

The magseal containers ALWAYS have loot of some kind, not therere is no chance of getting nothing.

Tusken King has a faster respawn time than the magseal containers (which improves the probability of a deed loot), but hes tough (hes AR2 for armor, 30k HAM and has lots of friends in the room with him)..so have to kill him before the respawns.

As for Ft. Tusken, the odds are even better, but the NPCs even tougher

The place has (5) Magseal containers (3 above the pool, 2 on the pool level), and there are (2) Observer NPCs, one Witch Doctor, and one Executioner.

The NPCs that have the deeds are all AR3, and very high HAM (200k+)

However, note these NPCs have the higher odds of a drop (10%) as opposed to the 5% from the magseal containers..they also have much higher odds of dropping SEAs

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 11:15:45 AM by Kinshi »

Offline Kinshi

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • SWGCanon
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 11:19:12 AM »
BTW..the above is live now.